Gral. Rivera 3868
        Phone: 598-2622 3071 / Fax: 598-2622 1879
        info@cementeriobritanico.com.uy



 

Background


The original British Cemetery, founded in 1828 was located where today the town council has its offices, until it was transferred to Buceo in 1885.

In its beginning it was looked upon as a Protestant Cemetery, but as time went by it went through changes and today it is open to all religious beliefs.

Important dignitaries of political, cultural and social affairs have chosen the British Cemetery, for security, peacefulness and respect.